Improving lives by providing clinically excellent and accessible mental health and substance use services.
- To make our clients equal partners in the recovery process
- To treat every client with respect, compassion and dignity
- To develop partnerships or alliances with organizations that share our vision and beliefs; and, that build on the strengths of each participating organization to offer services of unparalleled value
- To recruit and retain a diverse, dedicated and highly trained staff who are caring, culturally sensitive, ethical and who can collaborate with other staff in the provision of services
A strong community of healthy and productive individuals.
- Clients will be treated with respect and dignity.
- Clients will have easy and timely access to affordable, high quality and outcome-based services which are culturally sensitive.
- Clients and their families will be involved in service planning and implementation based on the needs, strengths and choices of the consumer.
- Clients will be assisted in functioning at a successful level in their community.
- Services will be available to all consumers regardless of ability to pay.
- Staff will be empowered to ensure that responsiveness to consumer need, effective outcomes and consumer satisfaction are of the highest priorities.
- Staff will be supported to achieve personal and professional excellence by providing opportunities for job challenge and satisfaction, training and self-development.
- Staff will be committed to our team-based philosophy; and to the development and improvement of core clinical, support and administrative and fiscal competencies.
- Staff will be committed to continuous quality improvement
TCN Behavioral Health Services traces it origins back to 1990, when it was known as The Community Network and was officially incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit. TCN was started as a small prevention program, but throughout the 1990's, continually added mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
In 1998, TCN merged with Community Support Services which added intensive services for the Severe and Persistent Mentally Ill under The Community Network's umbrella.
In 2000, The Community Network official became TCN Behavioral Health Services.
In 2002, Lynn West became Chief Executive Officer and the company began expanding and adding new services.
In 2003, TCN announced the Grand Opening of a new outpatient office in Fairborn, which consolidated several smaller offices while providing room to grow.
In 2004, TCN opened Creekside (now TCN's Creekside Medication Assisted Treatment Clinic) in response to the community and state-wide opiate epidemic. The same year, TCN earned its first CARF Accreditation establishing TCN as organization committed to excellence.
In 2008, TCN was awarded the Russ Remick Award from the Xenia Chamber of Commerce, an honor recognizing TCN as the top Retail/Service organization in our community.
In 2010, TCN opened Family Solutions Center, a division of TCN developed with the mission of providing region-leading mental health and substance abuse services to adolescent, youth, and families. Family Solutions Center found its long term home in Xenia with the purchase and renovation of a new facility. The 1.1 million dollar project was co-funded with the Mental Health and Recovery Board of Clark, Greene, and Madison Counties, and made a statement about TCN's commitment to the youth of Greene County.
Today, TCN provides services to over 6,500 clients annually from Greene County and surrounding communities. TCN employs sixteen psychiatrists and over 180 employees and provides services in 12 locations. We look forward to a bright future meeting our communities' needs and promoting recovery.
Signs of Quality
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
CARF accreditation outcome represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization and shows the organization's substantial conformance to the standards established by CARF. An organization receiving a Three Year Accreditation outcome has put itself through a rigorous peer review process and has demonstrated to a team of surveyors during an on-site visit that its programs and services are of the highest quality, measurable and accountable. TCN Behavioral Health Services, Inc. first embarked on accreditation February 2004 and was accredited for a period of three years. On March 2016, CARF announced that TCN Behavioral Health Services accreditation was renewed for an additional period of three years for the following programs:
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs / Addictions (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Crisis Intervention: Mental Health (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Detoxification: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Residential Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- Day Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
Our Board Members
Dr. Edgar Wallace, President
Sheriff Gene Fischer, Vice President
Bruce Lowry, Secretary/Treasurer
Dr. Cynthia Olsen